Ultrastar Asian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Chinese for beginners? ;P

EratoTiaTuatha
    EratoTiaTuatha

Chinese for beginners? ;P Empty Chinese for beginners? ;P

Post  EratoTiaTuatha Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Hello everyone, I've got a little question for you. I normally only listen to j-rock and only know like two songs in chinese. But I do adore the language ever since I was able to learn a few words, which was years ago. I would love to try singing in this language, and get to know some music. But, I won't be able to sing anything too hard at the beginning. So my question is - what songs do you recommend? They have to be easy when it comes to speed and pronunciation, but I don't care how hard to sing they are. Also, I personally can't stand pop in any form, so I hope you can suggest anything that's rock or metal. (yeah I know, wishful thinking. But I can't stand more than 30 secs of "sweet stuff")

Also, even if there aren't Ultrastar songs, I'd also love to get to know some chinese bands, so I'd very much appreciate some recommendations, especially if you can direct me to a place where I can get the music, or link me to some videos.

Thanks in advance!
    Izza-chan
    Izza-chan

Chinese for beginners? ;P Empty Re: Chinese for beginners? ;P

Post  Izza-chan Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

i'm sorry i can't help you... =C
    i like rock music, but also pop
    and all chinese songs i love or i like to sing are pop-songs....
    you can search in Youtube for chinese rock...
    under c-rock or so ...
    Good Luck !!
    EratoTiaTuatha
    EratoTiaTuatha

Post  EratoTiaTuatha Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:42 am

Not much has happened here since I posted this topic, but since I already started, I thought I'd share something I found with you. A few days ago I came across a wonderful, versatile and pretty mature Chinese band - The Last Successor. So if anyone comes to this thread looking for some answers, at least I can recommend one great band to you Wink By the way, if you come across their lyrics in pinyin I'd greatly appreciate them! ;*
    qianqian96
    qianqian96

Chinese for beginners? ;P Empty chinese for beginners?

Post  qianqian96 Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:37 pm

hope i can help youu, Arrow i knew a band called flower Smile Smile , is a chinese band and their styele like a jrock i think, so you can provate with them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIdI1hGIyA&feature=related Razz
    hanikamiya
    hanikamiya

Post  hanikamiya Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Can't link because I'm too new a member, so copy & paste if you want to listen to some of my favourites.

Shin band (youtube.com/watch?v=tOdKnXYT37Q), Mayday (youtube.com/watch?v=kEjJoKYQHWM), maybe Alan Kuo (youtube.com/watch?v=ha081oGKDpQ or im.tv/vlog/personal/333564/5690386 if Sony acts up there as well), I also like the solo work of Shin the singer (youtube.com/watch?v=STDejJuwR0A) ... and then there's always Tang Dynasty (youtube.com/watch?v=ehifXDLc_hA) and CthoniC (youtube.com/watch?v=e_UkowmQs30) to listen to. (Yeah Cthonic mostly sing Taiwanese Min Nan but they're epic, couldn't leave them out.)

There are some okay pop-rock songs by pop artists but usually you get ten, twenty ballads on one more interesting song.
    ... it's sad. I need more real Chinese rock and metal music. And I need to order than Cthonic album.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm