Ultrastar Asian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Suggestion about moderation of the new members.

kutxipoo
    kutxipoo

Suggestion about moderation of the new members. Empty Suggestion about moderation of the new members.

Post  kutxipoo Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 am

Hi all,

I've seen there is a big problem with the new members that don't read the rules and just wait to be active to download a lot of songs in non stop mode. I've seen in some forums that when you first enter they only show you the rules, maybe with a pop-up window that you have to accept or only showing that part of the forum. I don't know if there is any mixed solution. I mean, first only show the "News and announcemets" section, and after reading the rules to click some button to access the "Introduction" section to wait until the approval.

I know this is a little too hard to make, but maybe there is another solution.

I realized that those new "download all I can" members, don't read when they get the first warning, and this is because they don't look back for the topics(I've been too many years in forums and what I do is click the "view posts since last visit" link, and this way I can see all the new answers for new topics or for those I've already read to see if there is anything wrong or interesting in my posts). These members go forward to the songs they haven't downloaded yet and just keep with their thing.

I suggest that as well as the moderators post the warn in their introduction topic those members can also get a private message. This way they'll see there is a message for them and they'll read the warn. I don't know if it's possible to make it automatically or is going to be more work for the moderators, but I think it's the best way for these members to realize how annoying they are.

And it also works when an introduction post is moved to the "invalid" section, people don't realize this neither.

I hope this helps. :3

Bye all.
    Fawe Denoir
    Fawe Denoir

Location : Searching the kingdom for unruly subjects to punish! Please respect forum rules when posting (makes my job easier) :D

Suggestion about moderation of the new members. Empty Re: Suggestion about moderation of the new members.

Post  Fawe Denoir Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:13 am

That's what I have been doing for my part, sending both the topic in Warnings and sending a private message to tell them about it! (Even if some don't even look at the message).

I also want to add more rules to the 'read here before posting' part of the introduction thread but I'm discussing it with other admins right now.

I don't know much aout web building though so I don't know if it is possible to only allow access to introduction after having read the rules. It sounds very complicated. pale

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm