Recently I released a new karaoke playaer/vocal training software.
The SingOutStrong Karaoke Player works pretty much the same way as UltraStar, but it's goal is to be less of a game, and more of a handy, light-weight tool for practicing your skills.
- Continuous pitch display
- Rewinding to whatever part of the song you desire
- Drag-selecting difficult sections of songs, so you can practice just them
- Changing the key of the song
- Changing the tempo of the song
- Native midi/.kar file support
- Support for mp3, ogg, aiff, and wav audio formats, combined with UltraStar txt files, or mid/kar files
You can download it at:
I'd be very interested in hearing your feedback!
Please let me know if you like it, what would you like to change, or what would you like to have added in the software.
I plan to develop it heavily in the coming months, but I would like to know what kind of features would be most useful for you.