Ultrastar Asian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Introduction]Oddbrother

Oddbrother
    Oddbrother

[Introduction]Oddbrother Empty [Introduction]Oddbrother

Post  Oddbrother Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:51 pm

Hello! Nice to meet you.

I'm Oddbrother. I've been off and on karaoke for years during my growth. Most of the music I've listened to have been based on video games such as T3 Entertainment's Audition Online (Korea) and Bemani's Dance Dance Revolution (Japan). Most of the songs I'm comfortable singing have been punk and hard rock. So, you may notice me familiar more with Green Day and blink-182. I also liked the song "Speed Up Losers" by Crying Nut.

I have traveled and stayed in several countries over the past few years while still going around looking for places and communities to sing with. I've been stuck on the more popular online-only platforms (Smule, WeSing, Starmaker, etc.) for far too long that I miss offline opportunities that my local venues and UltraStar have been going around with. Even to go as far as to take interest in getting my own singing machine (SingTrix).

I have resided in Guam for a year now.  Since staying in Guam in a lonely mountainside region, my father took interest in raising chickens as his own. Although we recently released them to live on their own, they often return to our home and approach us for some quality time perching on our balcony unlike the wild fowl that live in the jungle. Their names are Shorty, Hawkeye, and Zigzag.
    [Introduction]Oddbrother Balcon10

Although I have been familiar with UltraStar in my more youthful past, it was a short-lived dab, and I missed its more flourishing moments later down the line while I was handling real-life situations. But seeing that it tries to make a return with a commercial fork in the works (Melody Mania on Steam) and finding more songs wherever I go to see what's been done and not has reinvigorated me. More so since lately there is a growing community that's making karaoke videos on YouTube for the public to stream these days.

Ironically, I'm anti-social, and have often not wanted or needed to write or say anything unless it's something to lighten the mood or I have something bluntly constructive to say. That said, I am aware of this rule when downloading songs:

It´s forbidden to post one letter / word answers. Answers like Thank you / Thanks / Ty etc. are also forbidden. And adding a smiley doesn´t make it better! Please at least try to write a little bit more than a few words for the hidden link.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:40 pm