Ultrastar Asian Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Lawsuit against mediafire.com?

AmyLou
    AmyLou

Lawsuit against mediafire.com? Empty Lawsuit against mediafire.com?

Post  AmyLou Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:14 am

Hello everyone.
    I´ve heard that there is a lawsuit against mediafire.com. Wanted to ask it it´s true?
    I downloaded a song and had a virus on my netbook. The second time I just opened mediafire and had a second virus on it.

Hope it´s not true, so that we can still play ultrastar! cat
    Fawe Denoir
    Fawe Denoir

Location : Searching the kingdom for unruly subjects to punish! Please respect forum rules when posting (makes my job easier) :D

Lawsuit against mediafire.com? Empty Re: Lawsuit against mediafire.com?

Post  Fawe Denoir Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:51 am

I've never had a problem with mediafire. But the only advice I can give is to not click ANYTHING ELSE!

Our own forum has an adverstisement on top (in my case it says Download/Play) but we know better than to click it.

On mediafire you also have to be careful where you click (and no you do not want your computer scanned and the likes).

As for a lawsuit I've never heard of it.
    AmyLou
    AmyLou

Post  AmyLou Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am

That was quick! What a Face

I saw it on a fanpage of Akanishi Jin.

I copied it:

2012.01.23 [NOTICE] Regarding MediaFire

Because I've been hearing all kinds of rumours about MediaFire currently being investigated (and possibly being forced to delete tons of files in the process) I've decided to lock all MF downloads starting tonight (although I'm not sure whether this will help anything).
    If MediaFire -should- go down (don't panic, you currently don't have to worry about this yet) I will try to host part of the downloads (no rips, only TV shows that aren't available anywhere else) on our KTW server.

So, if you have trouble downloading files on KTW the next few days/weeks, please know that we're working on finding a solution. Smile

Also, volunteers to help upload files or make torrents are VERY welcome! The more mirror links there are for the same files, the better. ^^

Okay,thank you very much!! Then I think I try it one more time and see what will happen. Very Happy
    Fawe Denoir
    Fawe Denoir

Location : Searching the kingdom for unruly subjects to punish! Please respect forum rules when posting (makes my job easier) :D

Post  Fawe Denoir Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 am

The torrent option may not be a bad idea...

If we have any doubts of a site shutting down we could create a backup inventiry which we could share via torrent.
    AmyLou
    AmyLou

Post  AmyLou Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:52 am

Yes,i think it´s a good idea.

Thank you for your quick anweres and your help! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm